Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Music and Writing

I'm often amazed at the things that influence my writing; people at the supermarket, clouds in the sky, a well written song... Music has always been important to me. I played flute from age 8 until around age 15. I am constantly listening to the lyrics of songs (frequently looking them up online) and allowing someone else's words to create images in my mind to help tell my stories.

For the most part, I keep the music that has impacted my story telling to myself. But recently, I've uncovered a song that didn't influence what I wrote, but somehow tells part of the story that I didn't write. The song was written before I even had the notion to write Dark Eyes and I didn't hear it until just recently - almost 2 years after I started this adventure.

I know a lot of people haven't read my book (yet), but I wanted to invite everyone to experience part of my writing from an unintended external source. The song is called Hunted by Year of the Rabbit. I've been a fan of the singer, Ken Andrews, since his days in the band Failure. I listen to this song on repeat when I'm driving my husband's vehicle and I get lost in the story... in my story, from the villain's perspective.

I hope you will take a listen and allow yourself to be taken on the same journey that my book does.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Hunted/2sFMwH?src=5

No comments:

Post a Comment