Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Emotional Turmoil

Even when I'm not physically sitting in front of a computer, I always feel like I'm writing. New stories, going over old ones, progressing the current one farther than I've written. I'm at a point in my main project I'm writing where I am setting up for a big conflict for the main character. I've played out the upcoming scenes in my head more times and ways than I thought possible to come up with the right one to grip the reader. I know I'm getting close because even as I sit here now thinking about it on a high level, I feel sad and teary. I wonder if there's a cruel person inside of me that would make me even consider doing this to her. I wish I knew for sure. It's tying my stomach in knots and I feel more and more anxious with each passing page.

Whatever the final result, I know I will shed many tears both writing and rereading it. I guess it's a sign of a good story when you know the outcome and are still affected. I hope my readers agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment