Sunday, June 28, 2009

Could it really be true?

Did I really just finish writing the last words of my book? It seems totally surreal at the moment. I'm not sure if it's the lack of sleep or the complete astonishment of the accomplishment.

I do feel a sense of loss. My characters' story has been told. What now? Well besides trying to outline my next adventure with them, I'm going to be cross eyed reading, editing, and rereading my 450 pages of story. I know I'm going to have to find a way to shorten it some or it will never be accepted by any publisher.

But I don't think I'm going to worry about that tonight. I'm going to finish my drink and snuggle in bed with a good movie on and fall into a long overdue deep sleep. Now someone please tell my children not to wake up and all will be good. =)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You finished it! For me, that was the hardest part. My advice is to edit as much as you can before starting on the sequel. So much of my MS changed while editing, that my original outline for the sequel had to change too.

    ReplyDelete