Thursday, July 2, 2009

What now?

Ok, so the last words were written and I've read it all the way through, now what do I do? I'm terrified to let someone read it, for fear that they will think it's awful, but I know I have to do it. Should I go for a copyright? Do I take out the stuff I think needs to be edited out or just let my readers tell me what they think should go?

And now I've started reading everything anyone has ever said about how to get an agent/publisher and my brain in hurting. Does anyone know a reputable publishing company that will just pay me now for this book? Ok, probably not, but I have a feeling this is going to be the hard part.

I think I'll go take some Tylenol and make lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Um...yeah, this is the hard part! I would definitely let someone read it and then edit it like crazy before querying! I made the mistake of querying too soon, and I'm afraid I may have burned some bridges. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete